Wednesday 19 January 2011

Thesis/Antithesis Stairs

Thesis:
Voici le temps des assassins... (1956)
Directed by Julien Duvivier
Production Design by Robert Gys
Set Decoration by Alfred Marpaux & Yves Olivier


Antithesis:
The Extraordinary Adventures of Mr. West in the Land of the Bolsheviks (1924)
Directed by Lev Kuleshov
Art Direction by Vsevolod Pudovkin


Thesis:
?
Obviously a Hollywood movie circa mid 1930s to early 1940s, but I don't remember from which film I took this snapshot. [If you know it, tell me please]

Antithesis:
L'Atlantide (1921)
Directed by Jacques Feyder
Production Design by Manuel Orazi

2 comments:

  1. I think that third photo is from Citizen Kane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom, No I'm sure It's not Kane. But somehow you're right, because it's a RKO picture (when I took this snapshots, I had something like "celebrating RKO films" - a home festival!) and probably stairs have reappeared in Kane or other movies of that period, and that's the interesting point.

    ReplyDelete